Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Well, yesterday was Aidan's 6 month birthday! It's so hard to believe that it's been half a year! We had a pretty low key day, just played and went for a walk and the normal eating and sleeping!

I did have one special thing to share. We had one of those heart melting moments last night! It's the kind of moment that you just feel like your heart is going to explode from all the love. I had just finished nursing him before bedtime and was holding him. I leaned down to give him eskimo kisses. When I did, he put his sweet little hand on the side of my face and started to giggle. The more I did it, the more he giggled and got to laughing and squealing! I know it sounds like a small thing, but him holding my face and just the closeness was amazing! I couldn't help but think of Mary, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Not that I think I'm like Mary, but I think every parent has that special place in their heart for just that kind of memory. That's something precious that I can pull out whenever I want! What a blessing!

No comments: